Thursday, March 4, 2010

Five Fact Friday ~ 3-4-10 {Lincoln, NE Photographer}

1. That's right getting my bags packed for my big birthday weekend in KC! Going to miss my little man like crazy this weekend. We'll both have lots of fun though. ;)

2. Working on getting all my pre-prom shoot stuff set-up. Working on some really cool invites and trying to have everything available electronically. :)

3. Looking at some cool new small album products that I want to offer when all the re-branding stuff is ready to go. :)


4. Also found another new product that would be wicked awesome for seniors:
"Aluminum Panel w/ Ice Block Stand – These aren’t metal prints. They’re aluminum panels with a poly-resin coating. The coating is clear, so when it bonds with the ink you can see the metal shine through which gives it a wicked 3-D look."


5. Saved the best for last ... a discount for sessions booked yet for March.

New portrait session fee structure

After gaining a little insight into the business and it's operations I have decided to change the session fee structure just a teensy bit. I will now be offering two different kinds of sessions so that I can continue to cater to the needs of each family that I work with.

The first is the session you have been used to. It is a full service session, basically everything you could want in a custom photography session. Lots of poses, clothing change options, proofs and lots of shooting/prep time. Because this is such a time consuming type of shoot it will now be charged at $80/session. Clients may want to choose this type of shoot for Senior, Newborn, Engagement, and 1st birthday incl. smash the cake photos. Also if you would like family photos in addition to in-depth individual child portraits this is a good choice.

I also know that you don't always have the need for a full service session. The mini session is a steal at just $40. For events like yearly children's photo shoots, 3-9 month sessions, or holiday card photos. This shoot includes the same talent, set-ups/props as before, up to one hour of shooting time, and approximately 15-20 proof images in an online gallery.

Please keep in mind that my session fees include all set up, tear down, clean up, shooting time, plus 1-2 hours editing for every hour of shooting, and time creating online galleries and uploading photos.

Slightly changing my session fee structure also allows me to do things like offer discounts on session fees during slower portrait seasons so that's exactly what I'm doing ... The first three sessions booked for March will receive $30 off a full session or $10 off a mini session!!

No comments:

Post a Comment